A bookseller in England writes to Bleeding Cool:
So I almost served an antisemite today.
An absolute toad of a woman demanded to drive her shop mobility scooter through the shop, and knocked every down in her path, who cursed like a fish monger in the process.
She arrived at my till and asked for a copy of Coraline. Then she asked who wrote it.
I told her. “Neil Gaiman,” I said.
Her face twisted like crunched up dishrag.
“Gaiman?” she said. “What kind of name’s that?”
“He’s Jewish.” I said.
Her face curled with disgust. “No thank you.” she said. “Don’t want it now.”
And she calmly left the shop.
And that’s a true story. No bullshit.
I am guessing Neil Gaiman doesn’t exactly mind the lost sale.
- DC Launches Justice League Of China Comic Book In 2018 - November 20, 2017
- DC Comics Previews Catalogue For February 2018 Solicits - November 20, 2017
- Vikings Vs Aliens In Josh Vann And Simone D’Armini’s The Spider King From IDW In February 2018 - November 20, 2017
- Before The Curtain Rises On Dean Haspiel’s Harakiri Kane For The Last Time… - November 20, 2017
- Arizonan Retailer Exclusives And A Trailer For The Release Of Paradiso #1 - November 20, 2017