A bookseller in England writes to Bleeding Cool:
So I almost served an antisemite today.
An absolute toad of a woman demanded to drive her shop mobility scooter through the shop, and knocked every down in her path, who cursed like a fish monger in the process.
She arrived at my till and asked for a copy of Coraline. Then she asked who wrote it.
I told her. “Neil Gaiman,” I said.
Her face twisted like crunched up dishrag.
“Gaiman?” she said. “What kind of name’s that?”
“He’s Jewish.” I said.
Her face curled with disgust. “No thank you.” she said. “Don’t want it now.”
And she calmly left the shop.
And that’s a true story. No bullshit.
I am guessing Neil Gaiman doesn’t exactly mind the lost sale.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018