A bookseller in England writes to Bleeding Cool:
So I almost served an antisemite today.
An absolute toad of a woman demanded to drive her shop mobility scooter through the shop, and knocked every down in her path, who cursed like a fish monger in the process.
She arrived at my till and asked for a copy of Coraline. Then she asked who wrote it.
I told her. “Neil Gaiman,” I said.
Her face twisted like crunched up dishrag.
“Gaiman?” she said. “What kind of name’s that?”
“He’s Jewish.” I said.
Her face curled with disgust. “No thank you.” she said. “Don’t want it now.”
And she calmly left the shop.
And that’s a true story. No bullshit.
I am guessing Neil Gaiman doesn’t exactly mind the lost sale.
- The Swag Of Thought Bubble 2017 From An AirBnB That Has Not Burnt Down – Yet - September 24, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – September 24th, 2017 – “Metal Is Absolutely Crushing Everything Else” - September 24, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – September 25th, 2017 – Squirrelled Away - September 24, 2017
- What Is Your Comic Shop History? - September 24, 2017
- Not Another Zombie Comic - September 24, 2017