A bookseller in England writes to Bleeding Cool:
So I almost served an antisemite today.
An absolute toad of a woman demanded to drive her shop mobility scooter through the shop, and knocked every down in her path, who cursed like a fish monger in the process.
She arrived at my till and asked for a copy of Coraline. Then she asked who wrote it.
I told her. “Neil Gaiman,” I said.
Her face twisted like crunched up dishrag.
“Gaiman?” she said. “What kind of name’s that?”
“He’s Jewish.” I said.
Her face curled with disgust. “No thank you.” she said. “Don’t want it now.”
And she calmly left the shop.
And that’s a true story. No bullshit.
I am guessing Neil Gaiman doesn’t exactly mind the lost sale.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018
- What Makes A Hero? - May 20, 2018