Spike Lee and Jordan Peele are teaming up to tell the true life story of an African American police officer who infiltrated the KKK.
Called Black Klansman, the movie will follow Colorado Springs detective Ron Stallworth’s efforts to infiltrate and disrupt the KKK. In 1978, Stallworth joined the Klan via a newspaper classified ad and used his connections to sabotage Klan events.
“They were all assholes,” Stallworth said of his time in the organization, a fact which Bleeding Cool can verify is 100% correct.
Lee and Peele’s Black Klansman follows in the footsteps of a previous documentary produced by comedian Dave Chappelle about the first black KKK member, Clayton Bigsby, which aired on a special episode of Frontline in 2004. (Warning: video contains offensive language.)
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018