Spike Lee and Jordan Peele are teaming up to tell the true life story of an African American police officer who infiltrated the KKK.
Called Black Klansman, the movie will follow Colorado Springs detective Ron Stallworth’s efforts to infiltrate and disrupt the KKK. In 1978, Stallworth joined the Klan via a newspaper classified ad and used his connections to sabotage Klan events.
“They were all assholes,” Stallworth said of his time in the organization, a fact which Bleeding Cool can verify is 100% correct.
Lee and Peele’s Black Klansman follows in the footsteps of a previous documentary produced by comedian Dave Chappelle about the first black KKK member, Clayton Bigsby, which aired on a special episode of Frontline in 2004. (Warning: video contains offensive language.)
- Great News, True Believers! Dan Slott is the New Writer of Iron-Man - January 19, 2018
- As If It Wasn’t Confusing Enough Already, Cloverfield 3 Launches Cryptic Viral Website - January 19, 2018
- Phoenix Comic Fest is Asking a Federal Court to Strike Down SDCC’s Comic-Con Trademark - January 18, 2018
- Faith in U.S. Leadership Inextricably Linked to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Gallup Poll Confirms - January 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan #4 - January 18, 2018