Spike Lee and Jordan Peele are teaming up to tell the true life story of an African American police officer who infiltrated the KKK.
Called Black Klansman, the movie will follow Colorado Springs detective Ron Stallworth’s efforts to infiltrate and disrupt the KKK. In 1978, Stallworth joined the Klan via a newspaper classified ad and used his connections to sabotage Klan events.
“They were all assholes,” Stallworth said of his time in the organization, a fact which Bleeding Cool can verify is 100% correct.
Lee and Peele’s Black Klansman follows in the footsteps of a previous documentary produced by comedian Dave Chappelle about the first black KKK member, Clayton Bigsby, which aired on a special episode of Frontline in 2004. (Warning: video contains offensive language.)
- Will This Year’s Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror Pay Homage To Neil Gaiman’s Coraline? - September 21, 2017
- Ric Flair Vows To Never Drink Again After Health Scare; Plus, Hulk Hogan Left Flair The Cutest Notes - September 21, 2017
- Alex De Campi And Dave Acosta Launch HKMC, A Free Webcomic Starring Frank Castle And Bucky - September 21, 2017
- Titan To Kill Off Major Character Four Issues Into Robotech Series - September 20, 2017
- DC Wins A Visionary Award For LGBTQ Comics - September 20, 2017