Spike Lee and Jordan Peele are teaming up to tell the true life story of an African American police officer who infiltrated the KKK.
Called Black Klansman, the movie will follow Colorado Springs detective Ron Stallworth’s efforts to infiltrate and disrupt the KKK. In 1978, Stallworth joined the Klan via a newspaper classified ad and used his connections to sabotage Klan events.
“They were all assholes,” Stallworth said of his time in the organization, a fact which Bleeding Cool can verify is 100% correct.
Lee and Peele’s Black Klansman follows in the footsteps of a previous documentary produced by comedian Dave Chappelle about the first black KKK member, Clayton Bigsby, which aired on a special episode of Frontline in 2004. (Warning: video contains offensive language.)
- At Least One Reviewer Loved Justice League, And His Name Is Jim Lee - November 19, 2017
- Justice League’s Sub-$100M Opening Is Officially The Lowest In DCEU History - November 19, 2017
- On Way Out Door, Brian Michael Bendis Takes A Parting Shot At Marvel Variant Covers - November 19, 2017
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Blast Critics, Defends Zack Snyder In Self-Described Justice League Rant - November 19, 2017
- Gotham City Residents Think Someone Should Do Something About Batman In Wayne Thanksgiving SNL Sketch - November 19, 2017