Perusing the panel listings for New York Comic Con, its October 5th-9th date fast approaching, has certainly rung some alarm bells for where the announcements and new info might be coming from. One such panel that has us wondering is the Vertigo/DC’s Young Animal panel on Saturday, October 7th. The panel is described as:
“Comics For Dangerous Humans and comics’ most innovative imprint are here to melt our brains at NYCC! Come witness the next stage in the (r)evolution of Vertigo and DC’s Young Animal, as we look forward to some of the incredible things to come. The auspicious lineup features Riley Rossmo, Tim Seeley, Si Spurrier, Magdalene Visaggio, Joshua Williamson and others!”
Now, what is of particular interest are the creators named on this panel: Riley Rossmo, Joshua Williamson, Si Spurrier, Tim Seeley, and Magdalene Visaggio.
The panel is a mix of Vertigo and Young Animal, as the two lines seem to be edging ever closer, and we will likely get a mix of the two in discussion. But not all of these creators currently have Vertigo titles, and none of these names are commonly linked with Young Animal as of yet.
So could we be getting brand new Young Animal books? Or will these creators be taking over from the current ones? But yes, certainly potentially new things from the likes of Riley Rossmo, Joshua Williamson, Si Spurrier, Tim Seeley and Magdalene Visaggio, one of this years new creators on the DC Writers Workshop.
So, what would you like to see them doing at Young Animal?
Of course, there is another possibility. Back at San Diego Comic-Con, Young Animal curator Gerard Way announced that Young Animal’s titles would be crossing over with the superheroes of the main DC Universe. In January 2018, all four of the ongoing series will be part of a four-part crossover event.
Marking the conclusion of the first phase of the imprint and send each title in new directions, it will start with the Doom Patrol Special, which features the Justice League of America and will be co-written by Way and Steve Orlando, with art by ACO, which a cover by Frank Quitely.
Well, what about the other annuals? Could this panel be where we’ll find about them, what DC superheroes will be crossing over, and that these creators are who we can expect taking part in it?
Well, NYCC is just around the corner now, so we’ll be finding out very soon.
- We The Heroes Ball Returns To New York Comic Con For Second Year
- Mark Doyle Left Batman Over Tom King's Choice Of David Finch For Catwoman Proposal
- All 266 Panels Happening At New York Comic Con 2017 On One Page
- Doom Patrol/Justice League By Gerard Way, Steve Orlando, And Aco Is The First Young Animal Crossover
- Gerard Way's Young Animal To Crossover With DCU
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017