Director Taika Waititi is poised to become the mad genius of the Marvel universe. There doesn’t appear to be anyone working who is loving life as much as he is. When he isn’t wearing a fantastic romper to the Hall H presentation at Comic-Con International or just being awesome on social media, he’s hilarious during interviews.
In an interview with the L.A. Times, Waititi talked about the motion capture character he is playing in Thor: Ragnarok, Korg, an 8-foot-tall Kronan warrior made of purple rocks — he and lapsed into the third person.
“You’ve got to understand that Taika Waititi the actor is an incredible person to work with. When Taika Waititi the director comes across someone like that, it just seems appropriate to give that actor a bit more time to show what they can do. I did that, and my theory was correct. I was, he was that good. As an actor, I highly valued Taika Waititi the director, who was very generous to me in giving me a few more takes than everyone else, and really let me show what I can do.”
The press junkets for this movie are going to be comedy gold. It’s definitely something else to look forward to concerning this production.
Summary: Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
Thor: Ragnarok, directed by Waititi, stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Idris Elba, and Mark Ruffalo. It will be released on November 3rd.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018