At Bleeding Cool, we are more and more settling into the idea of Mr. Oz from the Superman books being Roz-Em, the Kryptonian super-villain who posed at Superman back in Adventure Comics in the sixties.
He had facial surgery to look just like Jor-El’s twin brother — and thus Jor-El as well — and Superman, for that matter.
But there’s another interesting twist we picked up on. Because while most texts recognise the Adventure Comics story with Superboy and a mention in The Phantom Zone #1 comic, there is another that hasn’t been notified by collectors, in Adventure Comics #395 and #396, in a story with Supergirl.
Here, she visits a haunted house…
…once owned by a famous inventor, Amos Amoswell.
…and other created beasts…
…then realises it can’t be Jor-El, but is instead Roz-Em..
…and ends up fighting the inventor of the gadgets that summoned Roz-Em from the Phantom Zone…
…who wears a hooded robe and handles a scythe a little like Mr. Oz…
Could Mr. Oz be Roz-Em, who took his clothes from Amos Amoswell when he later emerged from the Phantom Zone?
Or… could he be Amos Amoswell? Am-Oz Am-Oz-Well? He is a powerful time traveller and reality manipulator.
It’s a theory… indeed, it’s two of them.
What do you think now?
- Marvel Finally Reveals What ‘T’Challa’ Actually Means - August 18, 2018
- You Can Find All Sorts of Things on Reddit in the Marvel Universe - August 18, 2018
- Is the Punisher Coming to London’s East End? - August 18, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: All It Takes Is One Employee Who Doesn’t Care - August 18, 2018
- More Marvel Comics Omnibuses for 2019: Thanos, Star Wars, and Conan - August 18, 2018