At Bleeding Cool, we are more and more settling into the idea of Mr. Oz from the Superman books being Roz-Em, the Kryptonian super-villain who posed at Superman back in Adventure Comics in the sixties.
He had facial surgery to look just like Jor-El’s twin brother — and thus Jor-El as well — and Superman, for that matter.
But there’s another interesting twist we picked up on. Because while most texts recognise the Adventure Comics story with Superboy and a mention in The Phantom Zone #1 comic, there is another that hasn’t been notified by collectors, in Adventure Comics #395 and #396, in a story with Supergirl.
Here, she visits a haunted house…
…once owned by a famous inventor, Amos Amoswell.
…and other created beasts…
…then realises it can’t be Jor-El, but is instead Roz-Em..
…and ends up fighting the inventor of the gadgets that summoned Roz-Em from the Phantom Zone…
…who wears a hooded robe and handles a scythe a little like Mr. Oz…
Could Mr. Oz be Roz-Em, who took his clothes from Amos Amoswell when he later emerged from the Phantom Zone?
Or… could he be Amos Amoswell? Am-Oz Am-Oz-Well? He is a powerful time traveller and reality manipulator.
It’s a theory… indeed, it’s two of them.
What do you think now?
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018