You may recognise some of the folk below from the Secret Wars series Inferno — a world in which the X-Men Inferno crossover from the ’80s had hell possess Manhattan, keep going, and engulf the world. The Goblin Queen was a escapee from that world, post-Secret Wars, and now seems (with a little help from her turned-Beast) to have brought a few more friends along for the ride.
And in X-Men Blue #6 by Cullen Bunn, Giovanni Valletta, Scott Hanna and Guru, we get to meet them, too.
Oh, and she has a new name for them. Though, to be fair, any improvement on the usual bad guy names in the X-Men would be an improvement. I mean, do you remember their very first supervillain team they had to combat back in the ’60s?
So in comparison, anything else will work better, So what name for these demonic supernatural twisted versions of the merry mutant marching society we have learned to love, as they now become something magically twisted and possessed into hate?
Actually that’s not bad. I can see the toyline now. You know, if Marvel will still let people make X-Men toys…
Welcome, to the Hex-Men. Expect a trademark registration any second now.
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018