The next Marvel / Netflix series is adding some Oscar-nominated talent to it’s line-up. Marvel’s The Punisher has cast Shohreh Aghdashloo to play Farah Madani, the mother of Dinah Madani (Amer Rose Revah). Dinah is a Homeland Security agent on the hunt for Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), her mother is an Iranian born psychiatrist who has spent most of her life in the United States.
Aghdashloo got the Oscar nomination for her work in 2003’s House of Sand and Fog. Interestingly she currently stars in Syfy’s The Expanse with her co-star on the series, Thomas Jane, having played the Punisher back in 2004. She’s also no new to the world of Marvel Comics, having played a small role in X-Men: The Last Stand. This is also not her first time working with the team putting the Marvel’s The Punisher series together. The series showrunner, Steve Lightfoot, was the producer on HBO’s House of Saddam where Aghdashloo played Revah’s mother as well and she won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress (2009).
Marvel’s The Punisher is expected to debut this fall and stars Bernthal, Revah, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Deborah Ann Woll and Ben Barnes. A teaser trailer was attached to the final episode of the recently released Marvel’s The Defenders.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 New York Giants - February 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018