The next Marvel / Netflix series is adding some Oscar-nominated talent to it’s line-up. Marvel’s The Punisher has cast Shohreh Aghdashloo to play Farah Madani, the mother of Dinah Madani (Amer Rose Revah). Dinah is a Homeland Security agent on the hunt for Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), her mother is an Iranian born psychiatrist who has spent most of her life in the United States.
Aghdashloo got the Oscar nomination for her work in 2003’s House of Sand and Fog. Interestingly she currently stars in Syfy’s The Expanse with her co-star on the series, Thomas Jane, having played the Punisher back in 2004. She’s also no new to the world of Marvel Comics, having played a small role in X-Men: The Last Stand. This is also not her first time working with the team putting the Marvel’s The Punisher series together. The series showrunner, Steve Lightfoot, was the producer on HBO’s House of Saddam where Aghdashloo played Revah’s mother as well and she won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress (2009).
Marvel’s The Punisher is expected to debut this fall and stars Bernthal, Revah, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Deborah Ann Woll and Ben Barnes. A teaser trailer was attached to the final episode of the recently released Marvel’s The Defenders.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018