A month after we learned that Lena Dunham will have a role in the upcoming season of American Horror Story, we now know who she’ll be playing.
American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy revealed the details following a press screening of the new season, his answer captured by TVLine:
Throughout the season, [Peters is] playing six different cult leaders: Kai, Manson, David Koresh, Andy Warhol, Jim Jones — that’s a big one. We really examine how those people rise to power. … They really are idiots. … Lena is doing an episode called ‘Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins, Scum Bag.’ That episode is about female rage then and in the country now. Valerie Solanas created a thing called the SCUM Manifesto in which she told all women to kill all men [in order to achieve equal power.] We also examine our female characters as they’re trying to figure out a way they can have equal power within this cult that Kai has created.
Murphy also confirmed at the press screening that there would be no supernatural elements in the season, and that Emma Roberts will play Serina Belinda, a newscaster.
Let us know what you think about Dunham’s new role in the comments. American Horror Story’s new season premieres September 5.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018