Bill Nye may be a science guy, but figuring out math apparently takes him a little while. Nye is suing Disney for $9 million dollars in unpaid royalties for his show Bill Nye The Science Guy, which originally ran from 1993 to 1998.
According to a report from CNN Money, Nye claims that Disney asked Nye to repay some of his royalties in 2007. Nye says that when he tried to negotiate, the company stopped paying royalties in 2008, and according to the lawsuit, ” failed to engage in the process in good faith” in what it calls “an ongoing, deliberate conspiracy to deceive Mr. Nye.”
Nye says Disney owes him $9.4 million as a result. Disney has yet to respond to the lawsuit.
- Yes! Yes! Yes! WWE Clears Daniel Bryan for Return to Ring - March 20, 2018
- Tennis Star Serena Williams Wants to Clear Up Just One Thing About Avatar: The Last Airbender - March 20, 2018
- Archie Meets Batman ’66 in Crossover Comic - March 20, 2018
- Bill Sienkiewicz Gets an IDW Artifact Edition Showcasing Classic Marvel Runs on New Mutants, Moon Knight, Elektra - March 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Expands Horror Line with Bedtime Games from Nick Keller, Conor Nolan, Kelly Fitzpatrick, and John J. Hill - March 20, 2018