Bill Nye may be a science guy, but figuring out math apparently takes him a little while. Nye is suing Disney for $9 million dollars in unpaid royalties for his show Bill Nye The Science Guy, which originally ran from 1993 to 1998.
According to a report from CNN Money, Nye claims that Disney asked Nye to repay some of his royalties in 2007. Nye says that when he tried to negotiate, the company stopped paying royalties in 2008, and according to the lawsuit, ” failed to engage in the process in good faith” in what it calls “an ongoing, deliberate conspiracy to deceive Mr. Nye.”
Nye says Disney owes him $9.4 million as a result. Disney has yet to respond to the lawsuit.
- Cowabunga! Paramount Relaunching Ninja Turtles Franchise; Michael Bay Will Still Produce - June 20, 2018
- DC Comics Urges Fans to Be Like Superman and #StandWithRefugees - June 20, 2018
- New Comics by Ben Passmore, Liz Prince, Mister Hayden Highlight Silver Sprocket’s Summer and Fall Releases - June 20, 2018
- Key Walking Dead Issues Get Blind Bag Edition Variants for Walking Dead Day - June 20, 2018
- DC Heroes in Crisis Has Some Competition in September From Dave Sim’s Cerebus - June 20, 2018