It was a pleasure to bump into Ian Sharman again at the London Super Comic Con today, with his growing publishing empire of Orang Utan Comics, publishing a range of action-adventure comic books that he was created and co-created, now celebrating his tenth year of comic book publishing, after working previously for Markosia (who were exhibiting opposite).
His work — and presentation — have come on leaps and bounds in that decade and he always makes for an impressive figure at shows, with a boothful of creators and assistance happy to show off the work.
I joked that, after Millarworld, Netflix would be bound to snap him up.
He looked around a little nervously with a giggle, wondering what I’d heard. Turns out he is in deep talks with Netflix about — okay, if not that, something close — with his Alpha Gods series ripe for turning into a Netflix series. There’s been talk of an animated series in development with an American studio, but a Netflix deal would take the situation that a little bit further.
Here’s some more info on Alpha Gods.
In the year 2086, humanity faces a new threat: Extra Humans. The government is struggling to cope with the growing number of mutants, aliens and supernatural beings who are living amongst us. People are beginning to panic, and so, in 2050, the Department for Extra Human Affairs was established with a remit to try and contain the problem. By 2086, the situation has escalated, so they have formed a new rapid response strike force: the Alpha Gods. Who better to police the Extra Human community than Extra Humans themselves?
- Dark Horse Launches Frozen, Predator, Terminator, Seeds, Incognegro, Beasts Of Burden, Conspiracy Of Ravens in August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018
- Leviathan, Cold Spots, Perdy, Hey Kids! Comics, Crowded, Stairway and L’il Donnie Launch From Image in August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- Peter Milligan Signing at Orbital Comics in London Tonight - May 23, 2018
- Gerard Way Returns to Marvel Comics for Spider-Geddon - May 22, 2018
- Marvel to Let People Know What on Earth ‘X-Classified’ is… in June - May 22, 2018