Geeks OUT presented the third edition of Flame Con! The World’s Largest Queer Comic Con this past weekend at The Brooklyn Bridge Marriott in NYC, highlighting creators and celebrities from all corners of the LGBTQ geek pop culture spectrum. And what’s a con without some amazing cosplay?
Bleeding Cool was lucky enough to make it out to Brooklyn for the event and bring back some “raw footage” from this year’s Cosplay Contest, hosted by Dax ExclamationPoint (RuPaul’s Drag Race) and with Rachel Greeman (Geeks OUT) and cosplayer Geisha Vi serving as judges on the panel.
Some pre-cosplay parade/contest prep and networking:
And now the parade begins!
Okay…now we’re on to the cosplay contest! A couple of quick things: my shooting line was supposed to be clear of anyone else and it was…until it wasn’t, as you can see by the videographer who suddenly appears out of nowhere to get in my way and annoy the hell out of me. Towards the end of the contest, they crammed everyone who was left into the third group instead of going with a fourth group, so for a few minutes, only about 20% of the audience could actually see what was happening on stage (unless you were standing in the back of the room).
- Flame Con Is One Big Party, And It Is Absolutely Incredible
- Too Old To Die Young: Amazon Taps Billy Baldwin For New Crime Series - November 22, 2017
- Will Ferrell And Molly Shannon’s “Cord & Tish” To Host Amazon’s Rose Parade Coverage - November 22, 2017
- Miracle Workers: Sasha Compère Joins Daniel Radcliffe In TBS Comedy - November 22, 2017
- Blue Book: History’s UFO Drama Adds Michael Harney, Ksenia Solo - November 22, 2017
- HBO Orders Spanish-Language Pilot From Porlandia’s Fred Armisen - November 21, 2017