Geeks OUT presented the third edition of Flame Con! The World’s Largest Queer Comic Con this past weekend at The Brooklyn Bridge Marriott in NYC, highlighting creators and celebrities from all corners of the LGBTQ geek pop culture spectrum. And what’s a con without some amazing cosplay?
Bleeding Cool was lucky enough to make it out to Brooklyn for the event and bring back some “raw footage” from this year’s Cosplay Contest, hosted by Dax ExclamationPoint (RuPaul’s Drag Race) and with Rachel Greeman (Geeks OUT) and cosplayer Geisha Vi serving as judges on the panel.
Some pre-cosplay parade/contest prep and networking:
And now the parade begins!
Okay…now we’re on to the cosplay contest! A couple of quick things: my shooting line was supposed to be clear of anyone else and it was…until it wasn’t, as you can see by the videographer who suddenly appears out of nowhere to get in my way and annoy the hell out of me. Towards the end of the contest, they crammed everyone who was left into the third group instead of going with a fourth group, so for a few minutes, only about 20% of the audience could actually see what was happening on stage (unless you were standing in the back of the room).
- Flame Con Is One Big Party, And It Is Absolutely Incredible
- SyFy Wants You To Be ‘Happy!’ — Just Not Until December - September 24, 2017
- ‘Spielberg’: HBO Releases First Trailer for Steven Spielberg Doc - September 24, 2017
- Star Trek: Discovery: CBS Beams Down New Premiere Pics, Description - September 24, 2017
- ‘Maniac’: Netflix Gives Us The Braided Jonah Hill We Always Wanted - September 24, 2017
- ‘Big Hero 6: The Series’ Gets Super Sneak Preview From Disney XD - September 24, 2017