Some of us should be so lucky to meet the people we idolize and even fewer of us will get the chance to work with them. That is not the case for Dave Bautista who told Entertainment Weekly what it was like working with Robert Downey Jr..
“It was pretty surreal, man, it was pretty surreal,” says the actor, who reprises his Guardians role of Drax in the film. “I’ve been a fan of Robert Downey Jr. since I was very young, and watched him perform my whole life, growing, up. Working with him was a surreal dream come true. But the cool thing about that is, I had met him well before we worked together, and well before they announced the Guardians were even going to be a part of Avengers. He went out of his way to come up, and compliment me about my performance in [the first] Guardians, which was something special to me, especially at that point, where I was just starting my career. He literally went out of his way to come up, and tell me how much he loved my performance, and loved Guardians of the Galaxy, and that meant the world to me. It put me at ease with him. Those are were my best memories, on the set of Avengers, was working with him, because I looked up to him for so many years as a performer.”
That’s adorable and we’re happy Bautista got to check another dream off of the list.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on May 4th, 2018.
- Annihilation Review: Disturbing, Fascinating, and an Amazing Cinematic Experience - February 22, 2018
- Chris Tucker Confirms that Rush Hour 4 is Happening - February 22, 2018
- Joss Whedon Exits the Batgirl Movie - February 22, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time: Reese Witherspoon Talks the Importance of Diversity in Front and Behind the Camera - February 22, 2018
- Game Night Review: Doesn’t Get the High Score, but Doesn’t Lose Either - February 22, 2018