At long last, the wait is over. Starsky & Hutch is finally coming back (again) under the executive producership of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn.
Ever since the 2004 reboot of Starsky & Hutch starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Snoop Dogg, moviegoers everywhere have been asking the question: when will someone reboot this 1970s TV franchise again. Well, wonder no longer, moviegoers. The answer to your question is “now,” and the man you have to thank is James Gunn.
Gunn will executive produce and write the show, the latter with his brother Sean Gunn and their cousin Mark Gunn, plus any additional Gunn family members that need a job when the time comes, according to a report from Variety. The production follows in a long tradition not only of rebooted 1970s TV series, but at this point, also of reboots specifically of Starsky & Hutch.
There’s no details yet on who might star, but can we suggest Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant for what’s sure to be a tongue-in-cheek take on the buddy cop action property? Let us know what you think in the comments, and if we’re feeling charitable, we’ll read them.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Will Help Set Up "The Next 10, 20 Years Of Marvel Movies"
- Has James Gunn's Elusive Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg Finally Been Found?
- James Gunn Confirms Leaked Footage From Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018