At long last, the wait is over. Starsky & Hutch is finally coming back (again) under the executive producership of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn.
Ever since the 2004 reboot of Starsky & Hutch starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Snoop Dogg, moviegoers everywhere have been asking the question: when will someone reboot this 1970s TV franchise again. Well, wonder no longer, moviegoers. The answer to your question is “now,” and the man you have to thank is James Gunn.
Gunn will executive produce and write the show, the latter with his brother Sean Gunn and their cousin Mark Gunn, plus any additional Gunn family members that need a job when the time comes, according to a report from Variety. The production follows in a long tradition not only of rebooted 1970s TV series, but at this point, also of reboots specifically of Starsky & Hutch.
There’s no details yet on who might star, but can we suggest Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant for what’s sure to be a tongue-in-cheek take on the buddy cop action property? Let us know what you think in the comments, and if we’re feeling charitable, we’ll read them.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Will Help Set Up "The Next 10, 20 Years Of Marvel Movies"
- Has James Gunn's Elusive Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg Finally Been Found?
- James Gunn Confirms Leaked Footage From Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
- Cowabunga! Paramount Relaunching Ninja Turtles Franchise; Michael Bay Will Still Produce - June 20, 2018
- DC Comics Urges Fans to Be Like Superman and #StandWithRefugees - June 20, 2018
- New Comics by Ben Passmore, Liz Prince, Mister Hayden Highlight Silver Sprocket’s Summer and Fall Releases - June 20, 2018
- Key Walking Dead Issues Get Blind Bag Edition Variants for Walking Dead Day - June 20, 2018
- DC Heroes in Crisis Has Some Competition in September From Dave Sim’s Cerebus - June 20, 2018