Writer-director Christopher MacBride has already written and is directing Amnesia based on the Arcana Comics graphic novel by Dwayne Harris. He also adapted Tim Truman‘s comic book series Scout for Studio 8 and producer Braden Aftergood. And now, third’s the charm: Deadline is reporting that he is tapped by Sony and producer Josh Bratman at Immersive Pictures to adapt the Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire graphic novel A.D.: After Death.
A.D.: After Death was published by Image Comics last year and optioned by Sony in December.
Summary: WHAT IF WE FOUND A CURE FOR DEATH? Two of comics’ most acclaimed creators, SCOTT SNYDER (WYTCHES, Batman, American Vampire) and JEFF LEMIRE (DESCENDER, Moon Knight, Sweet Tooth) unite to create a three-part epic like no other, set in a future where a genetic cure for death has been found. Years after the discovery, one man starts to question everything, leading him on a mind-bending journey that will bring him face-to-face with his past and his own mortality. A unique combination of comics, prose, and illustration, A.D.: AFTER DEATH will be serialized monthly as three oversized prestige format books written by SNYDER and fully painted by LEMIRE.
“Cooke is aware of the tensions between his parents, their losses, failures, and hopes, in a highly charged, novelistic, way. These are people struggling to find meaning and a sense of being in life, just as their son is, and he becomes obsessed with recording it as if it is all fragile, something precious that can be lost. Cooke’s life as narrated by him is depressing, scary, and beautiful.”
…and a preview below…
- Which of Today’s Spider-Man Comics Will Make Make You Cry More? - June 20, 2018
- Lex Luthor Gets an Upgrade in Justice League #2 (SPOILERS) - June 20, 2018
- Poison Ivy Swears Off Mind Control – Before Engaging in Mind Control (Damage #6 Spoilers) - June 20, 2018
- It’s Still Tough Being Captain Marvel, Post-Civil War II - June 20, 2018
- IDW Solicits for September 2018 Begin with Star Trek Vs Transformers - June 20, 2018