At the moment, we only know about two Marvel movies post-Avengers 4 and one of those movies is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Gunn announced the movie before the press tour for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 happened mostly so he wouldn’t have to keep answering questions about whether or not he’d be coming back for a sequel (we assume). James Gunn did a Facebook Live (via Collider) session today and when someone asked him about the possibility of Nova film starring Richard Rider this is what Gunn had to say.
“Yes, definitely. Nova comes up occasionally as someone we might use. One of the things I’m doing with creating Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, it will take place after the next two Avengers movies and it will help to set up the next 10, 20 years of Marvel movies. It’s going to really expand the cosmic universe. We’re going to be setting up new characters. It will be the last movie of this version of Guardians of the Galaxy.”
We all kind of assumed that we were getting a soft reboot of the Marvel Cinematic Universe when Avengers 4 ended but it sounds like that reboot will be happening for the Guardians in the third movie. The Marvel Cosmic Universe is huge and we’ve only just begun to see the realm of possibility here.
We’re also not surprised that Marvel is looking that far into the future for their movies. They’re going to keep making these things until they don’t make money off of them anymore.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018