We’ve got quite a treat here today, an exclusive early look at pages from Usagi Yojimbo #161, the first issue from Stan Sakai after his hiatus that started last December. I believe this is the 220th issue since he created the character and world back in 1984. Usagi Yojimbo is set in the early days of the Edo period in Japanese history and uses anthropomorphic animals instead of humans to tell the story. The main character is a ronin (a wandering samurai with no lord)… and a rabbit, Miyamoto Usagi, whom the writer says is based partially on the famous swordsman Miyamoto Musashi. Usagi wanders the land on a warrior’s pilgrimage, and earns his way by occasionally hiring himself out as a bodyguard.
USAGI YOJIMBO #161
Writer: Stan Sakai Artist: Stan Sakai Cover Artist: Stan Sakai
The mischievous Kitsune and her young apprentice Kiyoko find themselves unexpectedly caught in the middle of a murder mystery. Luckily for them, Usagi and Inspector Ishida are leading the investigation. Can Usagi discover the culprit and clear the names of his sly friends, or has Kitsune finally exhausted her luck? Legendary comics creator Stan Sakai’s original ongoing masterpiece! Part one of two–a great mystery begins for new fans!
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018