Following a tumultuous few days during which pro wrestling legend Ric Flair was suddenly hospitalized, placed into a medically induced coma, and subject to a surgical procedure, new details have emerged about the 21-time world champ’s health issues.
Despite early reports from wrestling dirt sheets that Flair’s issues were heart-related, wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer has revealed that Flair underwent surgery for a colon blockage. Further, the blockage was reportedly “the catalyst for a number of different health issues that followed including kidney failure.” Though the colon surgery was successful, Flair remains in critical condition, and, according to Meltzer, on kidney dialysis, as doctors wait for the kidney to begin functioning again.
A hard partier known for living his on-screen gimmick, the 68-year-old Flair is also known to suffer from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a disease resulting from long-term alcohol abuse, as revealed in his 2004 autobiography, Ric Flair: To Be The Man.
We continue to wish The Nature Boy a speedy recovery.
- In Shocking Twist, Wrestling Media Reveals Final WWE 2018 Hall of Fame Inductee, Mark Henry - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – X-citing X-Position X-ists in X-Men Blue #23 - March 18, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: An Overview of Comics Distribution Channels - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Building the Wall in Astonishing X-Men #9 - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – New Mutants: Dead Souls Isn’t Your Average Movie Cash-In - March 18, 2018