Following a tumultuous few days during which pro wrestling legend Ric Flair was suddenly hospitalized, placed into a medically induced coma, and subject to a surgical procedure, new details have emerged about the 21-time world champ’s health issues.
Despite early reports from wrestling dirt sheets that Flair’s issues were heart-related, wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer has revealed that Flair underwent surgery for a colon blockage. Further, the blockage was reportedly “the catalyst for a number of different health issues that followed including kidney failure.” Though the colon surgery was successful, Flair remains in critical condition, and, according to Meltzer, on kidney dialysis, as doctors wait for the kidney to begin functioning again.
A hard partier known for living his on-screen gimmick, the 68-year-old Flair is also known to suffer from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a disease resulting from long-term alcohol abuse, as revealed in his 2004 autobiography, Ric Flair: To Be The Man.
We continue to wish The Nature Boy a speedy recovery.
- John Barrowman Honors Elisabeth Sladen With New Character For Torchwood Comic - September 23, 2017
- Mel Brooks Dares Hollywood To Remake Blazing Saddles - September 23, 2017
- Hasta La Vista, Sequels: New Terminator Will Ignore All Other Terminators But The First Two, Says Schwarzenegger - September 22, 2017
- Rian Johnson Manages To Complete A Star Wars Movie Without Getting Fired - September 22, 2017
- Doom Patrol Shocker: Next Three Issues Delayed, Again - September 22, 2017