Following a tumultuous few days during which pro wrestling legend Ric Flair was suddenly hospitalized, placed into a medically induced coma, and subject to a surgical procedure, new details have emerged about the 21-time world champ’s health issues.
Despite early reports from wrestling dirt sheets that Flair’s issues were heart-related, wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer has revealed that Flair underwent surgery for a colon blockage. Further, the blockage was reportedly “the catalyst for a number of different health issues that followed including kidney failure.” Though the colon surgery was successful, Flair remains in critical condition, and, according to Meltzer, on kidney dialysis, as doctors wait for the kidney to begin functioning again.
A hard partier known for living his on-screen gimmick, the 68-year-old Flair is also known to suffer from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a disease resulting from long-term alcohol abuse, as revealed in his 2004 autobiography, Ric Flair: To Be The Man.
We continue to wish The Nature Boy a speedy recovery.
- Sony And WWE Tag Team For The Marine 6, Featuring An All Star Cast (Of Wrestlers) - November 22, 2017
- Jim Shooter Blasts Marvel: “They Forgot What Business They’re In” - November 22, 2017
- Why Doomsday Clock Was Always Destined For Success, Despite The Moral Implications - November 22, 2017
- Marvel Releases Teaser Trailer For Phoenix Resurrection - November 22, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Opening Weekend Could Be Bigger Than 2 Justice Leagues - November 22, 2017