What’s that phrase that’s been popping up in comic books and TV shows of late? Cut off one head and two more will take its place? From a certain fascist organisation intent on taking over the world? It’s turning up all over the place…just as when CEOs drop out of the President’s Manufacturing Council as a result of his reluctance to condemn white supremacist marchers in Charlottesville.
For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 15, 2017
That does sound very familiar.
Okay, limbs, heads — it switched back and forth. But I’m not the only one that reverberated with.
Hail Hydra….? https://t.co/1ZiZJCxfpT
— Joe Taraborrelli (@JoeTabs) August 15, 2017
Joe Taraborrelli, who was, until recently, Senior Communications Manager at Marvel Comics before moving to work for Sony Playstation in Communications/PR.
I mean, he never did hide his feelings. And did post a few negative Trump tweets before. But being able to equate statements from the President of The United States with a fictional fascist organization, without having Ike Perlmutter, Chairman of Marvel, major Trump donor, supporter and appointed part of the Trump administration as his superior, might make it a little easier.
- John Constantine and Swamp Thing Have a Brand New Trick in Justice League Dark #5 - November 19, 2018
- Aquaman UK Release Date Moves Up Two Days to the 12th December - November 19, 2018
- Jorge Fornés Joins Tom King on Batman – With a Bungee Jump? - November 19, 2018
- Image Comics Issues Mandatory Recall Of Dead Rabbit #1 and #2… Over Trademark? - November 19, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in Herceg Novi, Montenegro - November 19, 2018