DC has finally set a release date for Batman: Creature of the Night by Kurt Busiek and John Paul Leon, a comic which was in the works as far back as 2010.
Despite the title, the comic isn’t about Batman becoming a member of KISS. The book is billed as a thematic sequel to Superman: Secret Identity. In a press release, DC provides a solicitation:
BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT #1
Written by KURT BUSIEK
Art and cover by JOHN PAUL LEON
Young Bruce Wainwright lost his parents in a violent crime…and in the real world, no superheroes exist to save the day. But as grief and rage builds inside Bruce until he feels he can’t keep it inside anymore, something strange starts taking wing in the Gotham night! Perhaps Bruce’s grief isn’t inside him after all?
Modern masters Kurt Busiek and John Paul Leon unite for the spiritual companion to the beloved SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, putting a new spin you’ve never seen before on the legend of Batman—and the dark emotions that drive him!
On sale NOVEMBER 29 • 48 pg, FC, 1 of 4, $5.99 US • RATED T+
As well as some preview artwork:
The book hits stores on November 29th, this year, which honestly feels like a missed opportunity. If they waited a few more years, they could have published it on the tenth anniversary of its original announcement.
- Uncanny X-Men #1 Gets a Free Director’s Cut… If You Bought It Digitally - November 19, 2018
- Batman and The Flash Crossover Again for Heroes in Crisis Fallout Without Tom King - November 19, 2018
- WWE’s Becky Lynch Reveals the Real Reason Behind Her Concussion - November 19, 2018
- Marvel Launches X-Men Milestones TPB Line With Dark Phoenix Saga, Fall of the Mutants, Mutant Massacre - November 19, 2018
- Rousey, Flair, Bryan, Lesnar, and Enzo Amore Top WWE Survivor Series Highlights - November 19, 2018