Today we have an exclusive look inside the upcoming eighth issue of Angel Season 11 from Dark Horse Comics. The issue is written by Corinna Bechko and drawn by Ze Carlos. I never got into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but for some reason I started watching Angel and felt the fifth and final season was brilliant, especially the episode Smile Time. But the fact that here we are looking at season 11 is what really gives away how amazing Joss Whedon‘s shows are.
There are now more seasons in the comics than on television. That is remarkable for a story to find and thrive in a second medium. You can argue that a show is only as good as both the writers and the actors and David Boreanaz is great, being on television for 20 years straight, from appearing on Buffy and Angel from 1997 to 2004 then Bones from 2005 to 2017, and now going right into a new series with SEAL Team…but the Angel comics are thriving on the character he and Joss built together over the years without them being involved much now. That’s impressive.
ANGEL SEASON 11 #8
Writer: Corinna Bechko | Artist: Ze Carlos | Colorist: Michelle Madsen | Cover Artist: Scott Fischer
Their escape from a ship full of pirate zombies leaves Angel and Fred on an uninhabited island. Knowing that their dead shipmates are not far behind, they seek refuge further inland, only to find they aren’t actually alone…
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons - April 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: First Official Poster of Mon-El’s New Uniform - April 20, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Synopsis for ‘Harry and the Harrisons’ - April 20, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Will the Dragon Go After Oliver’s Family? - April 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Synopsis Released for ‘Trinity’ Episode - April 20, 2018