In a major coup that should really show those mooks over at Disney who’s boss, Netflix has announced its picked up the rights for Untitled British Supernatural Teen Drama, a new supernatural drama aimed at teenagers, made in Britain, which doesn’t have a title yet. Here’s a photo from Twilight, for lack of anything better to use here:
According to a report from Deadline, the untitled teenage supernatural love story is written by Hania Elkington and Simon Duric, produced by New Pictures, with names you can’t be 100% certain we didn’t just make up such as Charlie Pattinson, Elaine Pyke, and Willow Grylls. Farren Blackburn will direct six episodes out of the eight episode series.
The move comes in the wake of a shocking war between Netflix and Disney, with Disney announcing that it will start its own streaming service to air its movies and TV shows, followed by Netflix signing Shonda Rhimes, the most powerful woman in television, away from Disney-owned ABC. Disney later walked back some of its wartime rhetoric, indicating that deals could still be made for Marvel and Lucasfilm content outside of Disney’s new streaming service.
- Post-Apocalyptic New Costumes for Spider-Woman, Hazmat, and Echo in Captain Marvel #2 - November 21, 2018
- Now Valiant Makes a Blacklight Glass Variant for Livewire #1 - November 21, 2018
- New OGN Grand Abyss Hotel Explores Rebellion in a World Overrun by Big Business and Fake News - November 21, 2018
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018