In a shocking move, since no one even knew they had started filming, James Gunn has confirmed that low res footage leaked onto the web is in fact from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
In the world of entertainment journalism, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn’s social media is a wellspring of clickbait article topics. Even by Gunn’s standards, however, his latest tweet is like a nuclear clickbomb.
The following video was released back in April, weeks before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 even hit theaters, making its true origins all the more shocking.
Showing Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, and a fully-grown Groot, the video appears to introduce a new character to the team: an unnamed red lobster who has not appeared in the comics before. It also appears that Drax actor Dave Bautista has put on a little bit of weight since we last saw him.
At first glance, this would appear to be a video from a Taiwanese comedy YouTube page, but according to Gunn himself, that’s not the case:
How dare they leak this footage from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?? https://t.co/LAJ9rUX2yy
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) August 12, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be the final film in a trilogy, and it looks like we can expect it to take the franchise in a completely different direction, perhaps even as a musical. We’ll be following this situation closely, and we’ll keep you updated.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Kicks off Opening Weekend with $45M Domestic, $106M Worldwide Thursday - December 15, 2017
- Poison Ivy Meets Jack the Ripper in First Gotham by Gaslight Animated Clip - December 14, 2017
- John Wick’s Chad Stahelski to Adapt Brubaker and Phillips’s Kill or Be Killed for Big Screen - December 14, 2017
- Marvel Launches Iron Man: Hong Kong Heroes, a Comic Inspired by a Theme Park Ride Inspired by a Movie Inspired by a Comic - December 14, 2017
- Gerard Way’s Young Animal Imprint to Relaunch Following Milk Wars Crossover - December 14, 2017