It’s the smash hit of the week, and many stores simply won’t have ordered enough copies to meet demand. But Mister Miracle #1 by Tom King and Mitch Gerads, which Bleeding Cool reviewed here with a 10/10 rating, has sold out from Diamond Comic Distributors on the day it was published as retailers put in record reorder numbers.
And as a result, copies of the comic have been burning through eBay, selling for as much as $20 (but usually more around the $7-$10 mark) based on its $3.99 cover price. Indeed, all copies put up anywhere near cover price have been sold on eBay; the cheapest I can find it right now on Buy It Now is $11, and that won’t last for long.
There is no news yet of a second printing, but I would expect it within hours. If you got your copy, you’ll be easily able to sell it and use the money to buy the first trade paperback when it comes out in April, only $17 full price.
This is looking like the first big speculator comic hit that hasn’t had Donny Cates name in the creative team for some time.
MISTER MIRACLE #1
(W) Tom King (A) Mitch Gerads (CA) Nick Derington
From the team behind THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON and the Hugo Award-nominated writer of Vision comes a unique new take on one of Jack Kirby’s most beloved New Gods.
Scott Free is the greatest escape artist that ever lived. So great that he escaped Granny Goodness’ gruesome orphanage and the dangers of Apokolips to travel across galaxies and set up a new life on Earth with his wife, the former female fury known as Big Barda. Using the stage alter ego of Mister Miracle, he has made a career for himself showing off his acrobatic escape techniques. He even caught the attention of the Justice League, which counted him among its ranks.
You might say Scott Free has everything…so why isn’t it enough? Mister Miracle has mastered every illusion, achieved every stunt, pulled off every trick – except one. He has never escaped death. Is it even possible? Our hero is going to have to kill himself if he wants to find out.
Written by Tom King (BATMAN) and illustrated by Mitch Gerads (The Punisher), this is a MISTER MIRACLE unlike any you’ve read before.In Shops: Aug 09, 2017
- Mister Miracle #4 Review: A Continually Powerful Yet Intimate Portrayal Of Depression
- Mister Miracle #2 Review: More Straightforward, Still Enthralling
- Frank Miller is Coming to MCM London Comic Con – but You’ll Pay $150 to See Him - July 20, 2018
- New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker Surprises ‘Her Universe’ Fashion Show at SDCC - July 19, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018