Pokemon Go appears to have gotten shiny versions of Pikachu and Raichu while we weren’t looking. The new shiny versions of our favorite mascot were spotted first in Japan.
As Comicbook.com reports, Niantic hadn’t announced the addition of shiny Pikachu (which comes in a darker shade of yellow thats almost orange, and has a special “shiny” animation), but attendees of the Pikachu Outbreak events in Japan have been able to capture the rarer electic mouse Pokemon.
— hgcnao (@hgcnao) August 9, 2017
And since shiny Pokemon will evolve into the shiny versions of their evolutions, shiny Raichu is also available in game, as seen below:
— Clemin@ 青TL40HR100↑ (@sakasho_tsum) August 9, 2017
Currently, there’s no evidence that the new shinies are available outside of the Japanese events. But it is possible they’ll be coming stateside for some upcoming Pokemon Go events.
Before now, only two other Pokemon were available in shiny form – Magikarp and Gyarados. However, datamining suggests there a bigger plans for shinies in future.
While shiny Pikachu isn’t available for most of us, we can catch the legendary Zapdos in game. Which is a decent consolation prize.
- 'Pokémon GO' Bringing Mewtwo To Exclusive Raid Battles
- Niantic Promising 'Pokémon GO' Bug Fixes, But No Timetable
- World Of Tanks Has Created A New Genre Of Metal - August 16, 2017
- Digital Sales Of ‘The Town Of Light’ Are Being Donated To Mental Health Awareness - August 16, 2017
- F1 2017 Boasts An Expanded Career Mode And A Championship Feature - August 16, 2017
- Prey Now Comes In A Trial Version - August 16, 2017
- Decepticon Shockwave Joins Transformers: Forged To Fight - August 10, 2017