Pokemon Go appears to have gotten shiny versions of Pikachu and Raichu while we weren’t looking. The new shiny versions of our favorite mascot were spotted first in Japan.
As Comicbook.com reports, Niantic hadn’t announced the addition of shiny Pikachu (which comes in a darker shade of yellow thats almost orange, and has a special “shiny” animation), but attendees of the Pikachu Outbreak events in Japan have been able to capture the rarer electic mouse Pokemon.
— hgcnao (@hgcnao) August 9, 2017
And since shiny Pokemon will evolve into the shiny versions of their evolutions, shiny Raichu is also available in game, as seen below:
— Clemin@ 青TL40 (@sakasho_tsum) August 9, 2017
Currently, there’s no evidence that the new shinies are available outside of the Japanese events. But it is possible they’ll be coming stateside for some upcoming Pokemon Go events.
Before now, only two other Pokemon were available in shiny form – Magikarp and Gyarados. However, datamining suggests there a bigger plans for shinies in future.
While shiny Pikachu isn’t available for most of us, we can catch the legendary Zapdos in game. Which is a decent consolation prize.
- Pokémon Gold & Silver Will Be Getting Special Physical Releases
- 'Pokémon GO' Bringing Mewtwo To Exclusive Raid Battles
- Niantic Promising 'Pokémon GO' Bug Fixes, But No Timetable
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018