This week sees the release of Mister Miracle #1, the return of the Jack Kirby character to his own series. The book is being done by Tom King and Mitch Gerads and in an interview with DC All Access, King calls this the most ambitious thing he’s ever tried to write. They want to try and create a 12-issue series in the epic scope of such DC classics as The Dark Knight Returns, All-Star Superman, New Frontier and The Watchmen… King explains that he and Gerads feel like they can’t create something on that level yet they also can’t not try to. That seems like a health dose of humility and ambition.
King then talks about the character of Mister Miracle and how he was the prince of the New Gods created by Kirby when he first got to DC. And he points out how unique Miracle’s powers are in that he is a super escape artist who is always looking for the next trap to try. And that’s the gist of the new series. The ultimate trap to escape is death and that is what Scott Free is going after, but he’s not sure who set the trap. And the series is in continuity and will have major ramifications on the rest of the DCU. The series will also guest star all of the other New Gods including Orion, Big Barda, and Funky Flashman. King wants to take all of the external exploration Kirby did and turn that inwards for Scott.
- Read Red Sonja Vol 4 #0 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 11, 2017
- Stan Lee to do His Obligatory Cameo on Marvel’s Runaway - December 11, 2017
- Ryan Reynolds Lead Detective Pikachu Gets May 2019 Release Date - December 11, 2017
- ABC Gives ‘Straight to Series’ Order to Kenya Barris/Alec Baldwin Family Comedy - December 11, 2017
- New Lethal Weapon Trailer Mimics The 1987 Film Version - December 11, 2017