Some comic conventions have signs up saying that anyone attending gives permission for themselves to be photographed and filmed. Nine Worlds does not. There must always be explicit permission, press must identify themselves and you can wear yellow lanyards specifically stating that you don’t wish to be photographed at all, so there’s no point in asking. Will other shows join this? Or are they too beholden to roving media crews?
Here is a look at some of the wonderfully geeky cosplay from today. And yes, I confess, I did misgender the baby playing Matt Smith, and I apologised to her and her mother. And maybe she could play the Doctor for real one day…
And note, the staff at the Novotel in Hammersmith where Nine Worlds Geekfest London took place joined in on the act…
- Universal FanCon of Baltimore 2018 Suddenly Postponed, One Week Before Event - April 20, 2018
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings - April 20, 2018
- What Happened to Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke on Action Comics #1000? - April 20, 2018
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018