Some comic conventions have signs up saying that anyone attending gives permission for themselves to be photographed and filmed. Nine Worlds does not. There must always be explicit permission, press must identify themselves and you can wear yellow lanyards specifically stating that you don’t wish to be photographed at all, so there’s no point in asking. Will other shows join this? Or are they too beholden to roving media crews?
Here is a look at some of the wonderfully geeky cosplay from today. And yes, I confess, I did misgender the baby playing Matt Smith, and I apologised to her and her mother. And maybe she could play the Doctor for real one day…
And note, the staff at the Novotel in Hammersmith where Nine Worlds Geekfest London took place joined in on the act…
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Vs. Diamond Over A Thousand Missing Comic Books - October 21, 2017
- A Lifedeath Less Ordinary With John Stanisci - October 21, 2017
- An Unnerving Feeling Of Modern Dread… - October 21, 2017
- Cartoonist Conscript To The Bodega Boys - October 21, 2017