Some comic conventions have signs up saying that anyone attending gives permission for themselves to be photographed and filmed. Nine Worlds does not. There must always be explicit permission, press must identify themselves and you can wear yellow lanyards specifically stating that you don’t wish to be photographed at all, so there’s no point in asking. Will other shows join this? Or are they too beholden to roving media crews?
Here is a look at some of the wonderfully geeky cosplay from today. And yes, I confess, I did misgender the baby playing Matt Smith, and I apologised to her and her mother. And maybe she could play the Doctor for real one day…
And note, the staff at the Novotel in Hammersmith where Nine Worlds Geekfest London took place joined in on the act…
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017