Ignoring the fate of other recent Stephen King adaptations and defying the laws of probability, director Andrés Muschietti wants to tackle another King adaptation after It: Pet Sematary.
In an interview with Canadian newspaper the Toronto Sun, Muschietti dropped the stunning news that he would like to attempt two Stephen King adaptations in a row, despite the fact that all Stephen King adaptations carry a 50% or higher risk of being terrible failures, based on a careful study of past performances of Stephen King adaptations.
“We’re huge fans of Pet Sematary,” Muschietti said of he and his sister Barbara Muschietti, a producer on It. “If we can get our hands on that and do the Pet Sematary we want to do, that will be something. One day, maybe.”
Muschietti didn’t elaborate on why, if he loves the film so much, he would risk ruining it with a modern big screen adaptation. The potential movie’s best hope, perhaps, is that It will fail, increasing the statistical probability that the Pet Sematary remake will be the rare Stephen King adaptation that isn’t a critical and commercial bomb.
It hits theaters September 8th.
- Reboot of Stephen King's Pet Sematary Gets 2019 Release Date
- Pet Sematary Climbs Out Of The Grave At Paramount
- 'It': Latest Images Of Pennywise And The Losers Club
- Dark Tower Won't Break $20 Million At Box Office This Weekend
- Maine House That Inspired Stephen King's Pet Sematary For Sale
- The Dark Tower Review: From A Non-Book Reader's Perspective
- Stephen King Would Like 'The Dark Tower' Sequel To Be R-Rated
- 'The Dark Tower' Review: A Threadbare And Disappointingly Mediocre Adaptation
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger Renewed for 2nd Season at Freeform - July 20, 2018
- Watch the Star Trek Discovery Season 2 First Look Trailer from San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Drops Behind-the-Scenes Video from The Tick at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Watch: Cast, Creators of ‘The Expanse’ Thank Fans for Saving the Series in Video Message - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Studios’ ‘Lore’ Season 2 Gets a Premiere Date: October 19th - July 20, 2018