Daniel Licht, one of the best composers of suspenseful music in our era, passed away late Wednesday night at the age of 60 after a battle with cancer. He is survived by his wife, Hilary Kimblin Licht; his son, Kian; his mother, two brothers, a sister and a number of nieces and nephews.
If you’re not totally familiar with Daniel Licht, you may be more familiar with his music as he was the leading composer for the Showtime series Dexter. He was also responsible for the soundtracks to two of the Children of the Corn films series, Clive Barker’s Hellraiser: Bloodline, two of the Amityville films, and Stephen King’s Thinner.
Gamers will know him best for his work on the first two Dishonored games, as well as the Silent Hill: Downpour soundtrack. For TV credits, he’s had work included in Oliver Beene, Kitchen Confidential, Jake in Progress, Cashmere Mafia, Body of Proof, The Red Road, Guilt, and Tiny House of Terror.
Those looking to pay their respects, Licht’s family has requested that donations be made in his name to Hampshire College or the National Cancer Institute. There will be a memorial service on August 18th, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga, California.
- Bioware Designer Corey Gaspur Passes Away
- Joan Lee, Wife Of Stan Lee, Passes Away At 93
- Dick Tracy And Lonesome Dove Actress Glenne Headly Passes Away At Age 63
- In Memoriam of Louis Scarborough Jr.
- In Memoriam 2011 by Richard Caldwell
- Nintendo Switch’s 3.0 Update Gives Way For Homebrewing Hacks - August 19, 2017
- The Next Chapter Of Telltale’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Drops Tuesday - August 19, 2017
- The Latest ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Video Explains Hunting And Quests - August 19, 2017
- People Are Now Finding Tons Of Secrets In ‘Sonic Mania’ - August 19, 2017
- Amazon Has Officially Stopped New Game Discounts - August 19, 2017