One upon a time, DC and Marvel Comics would run semi-regular crossover events. Then Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada compared Paul Levitz and DC Comics’ handling of Batman and Superman to a porn star who can’t get it up in the New York press. As a result, DC execs put pressure on Marvel execs to fire Quesada and Bill Jemas, and all planned crossover events were brought to a halt.
And that’s the way it has been ever since. Boys will be boys.
But as Marvel editors were subject to gross, misogynistic tweets and messages for the crime of daring to have a milkshake after work on a Friday and post evidence of it, plenty of others have shown support against the trolls. And today, from the offices of DC Comics, in Burbank, Los Angeles, via the official DC Comics Twitter account, that included the women of DC:
— DC (@DCComics) August 1, 2017
This is the first time the DC Comics account has even acknowledged that Marvel exists. Meanwhile, Marvel Comics expanded their own #MakeMineMilkshake, including the men, too.
— Heather Hauntos (@HeatherAntos) July 31, 2017
What’s next? Ms. Marvel vs. Wonder Woman? Maybe some of these folks should just ignore the big boys and start having a chat…
Here are a few other prominent folks showing support with some pictures and photos to share:
— Haunted Houser (@Jody_Houser) August 1, 2017
— Miss Miniver (@MissMiniver) August 1, 2017
— mingjue helen chen (@MingjueChen) July 31, 2017
— Tom Brevoort (@TomBrevoort) July 31, 2017
— Joseph P. Illidge (@JosephPIllidge) July 31, 2017
— Alanna Smith (@AlannaWrites) July 31, 2017
— Nick Roche (@NickRoche) July 31, 2017
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018