Manga publisher Tokyopop is producing a follow-up to Tim Burton‘s 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The comic sequel, titled Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero’s Journey, will reportedly star Jack Skellington’s dog, Zero, according to a report from THR. From the creative team of DJ Milky and Studio DICE, the book will be released as full-color floppies, then collected into graphic novels, and then finally collected in manga-sized editions.
THR also reports that Tokyopop will expand its relationship with Disney by releasing five new volumes of the shōjo manga Kilala Princess, which features Disney princesses. Mulan, Pochohantas and Merida are listed as princesses who will appear in the new volumes.
Look for Zero’s Journey to start hitting stores in Spring 2018.
- TOKYOPOP Is Bringing Disney Manga Back To The US!
- Bruce Lee Returns to Darby Pop for All-Ages ‘Walk of the Dragon’ - March 21, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey’s Flutter in 1 Volume This October - March 21, 2018
- BOOM! to Publish Kara Leopard and Kelly and Nicole Matthews’ ‘Pandora’s Legacy’ - March 21, 2018
- Action Comics Writer Dan Jurgens Calls Out Fat People on Airplanes - March 21, 2018
- Storybook Romance Ends in Heartbreak as Strowman, Bliss Eliminated from WWE Mixed Match Challenge - March 21, 2018