Manga publisher Tokyopop is producing a follow-up to Tim Burton‘s 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The comic sequel, titled Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero’s Journey, will reportedly star Jack Skellington’s dog, Zero, according to a report from THR. From the creative team of DJ Milky and Studio DICE, the book will be released as full-color floppies, then collected into graphic novels, and then finally collected in manga-sized editions.
THR also reports that Tokyopop will expand its relationship with Disney by releasing five new volumes of the shōjo manga Kilala Princess, which features Disney princesses. Mulan, Pochohantas and Merida are listed as princesses who will appear in the new volumes.
Look for Zero’s Journey to start hitting stores in Spring 2018.
- TOKYOPOP Is Bringing Disney Manga Back To The US!
- Women And Gender Non-Conforming Animators Demand End To Sexual Harassment And Abuse - October 20, 2017
- Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America, And Hulk To Read ‘Our Town’ To Benefit Puerto Rico - October 20, 2017
- Rick Remender: If You’re Not Reading Black Science, You’re Being An A-Hole - October 20, 2017
- Little Shop Of Horrors Returns To Theaters For 2 Nights Only This Halloween, But What’s Trump Got To Do With It? - October 19, 2017
- Elite Retailer Cabal ComicsPRO Targets Portland For February Meeting, Plans Fall Expansion - October 19, 2017