The Flash vs. The Reverse-Flash. And in The Flash #27 we finally get somewhere. The comic, by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter sees a familiar confrontation, with Eobard Thawne, the Reverse-Flash, lording it over Barry Allen, the Flash. He mocks the fact that The Flash won’t (or can’t) stop a time traveller. As long as he stays alive, he can always go back in time and fix it — and attack.
That kind of taunting doesn’t end well. But it did remind me of a scene by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson from The Dark Knight Returns:
It’s the battle that’s been building in comics, cartoons, and TV for years. We thought that we might have been there in the time twisting adventure The Button when we thought the Reverse-Flash had died at the hands of Dr. Manhattan.
But it was not to be. There was still something of the night about him.
Would Barry Allen go there? To make some permanent end to someone who can never be stopped any other way?
But he is Barry Allen. He is the Flash. Batman may blur the lines of morality, but that’s not the Flash’s way. He’s bright, primary colours, visible. There are moral codes that he would lay down his life for — and other people’s lives, as well. There are lines he would not cross.
Iris West, on the other hand…
Is this “another one of his tricks”? If it had been Barry Allen wielding the gun, maybe. But Iris West? Deny her of such a victory over one who could and would have fridged her to get at Barry Allen? I think the laws of narrative are more powerful than that…
(W) Joshua Williamson (A) Howard Porter (CA) Carmine Di Giandomenico
“RUNNING SCARED” finale! Barry Allen and Eobard Thawne. Legendary enemies separated by centuries pulled through time itself to battle again and again. Until now. For one year THE FLASH has been building to this single epic moment: the ultimate showdown between The Flash and Reverse-Flash! In Shops: Jul 26, 2017 SRP: $2.99
- Finally, Dynamite Launches Crackdown Comic in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018
- IDW Launches Michel Fiffe’s GI Joe, Tess Fowler’s D&D, Butch Guice’s Amber Blake, and Steve Ditko’s Monsters in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Launches Anthem, Girl In The Bay and Hellboy Day in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 21st November 2018, Run Rabbit Run - November 21, 2018
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018