As Spawn #1 gets a bit of a speculator bump with the news that Todd McFarlane is writing and directing a movie version of the comic, the other big hit of San Diego Comic-Con is Lockjaw. The trailer for The Inhumans, while mocked for Medusa’s hair, has ignited a love for the Inhuman dog.
Lockjaw’s first appearance in Fantastic Four #45, along with many other Inhumans, is already a prized collector’s item — and as Marvel maintains a trademark for a Lockjaw comic book series at some point, how about his first appearance in a solo story?
Marvel Comics Presents #68 from 1991 would be the one — a month before it would run the famous Weapon X storyline by Barry Windsor Smith.
As well as Wolverine vs. Ghost Rider, Shanna the She-Devil and the Fantastic Four, we got a Lockjaw solo story.
In the story, our favorite oversized canine joins the New York Fire Service for some reason, using his teleportation powers to rescue civilians and serving officers.
Also a little anti-gun message while you’re at it. Written by Scott Lobdell, pencils by Jose Delbo, inks by Jack Abel and Al Milgrom, colours by Ed Lazellari and letters by Agustin Mas. And, for speculators out there, available on eBay for $1–$2. You know, for now…
And if you can’t live without a first issue…the more recent Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers #1 is available for a few shekels more, and Lockjaw: Dog Days #1 is out in August!
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018