At the Warner Bros. Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con today, attendees were treated to brief footage from James Wan‘s Aquaman. From Bleeding Cool’s live coverage of the event:
Jason Momoa (Aquaman) just ran through the hall with a trident!
Footage from Aquaman screening now…with concept art that looks amazing!
We saw some brief brief footage. Some guys are fishing when they hook something big. They’re dragged along until they see huge ships beneath the ocean. We cut down to the water and see the ships (they look insane).
Later in the panel, Momoa confirmed that the fleet of ships in the footage was an army belonging to his on-screen half-brother, Ocean Master, played by Patrick Wilson. “Black Manta’s got nothing like that,” Momoa said, adding that he’s going to be fighting his brother in the film. Does this confirm that Wilson’s Ocean Master, and not Yahya Abdul-Mateen II’s Black Manta, will be the primary villain of the movie?
Aquaman hits theaters in December of 2018, so we’ve got a long way to go before we find out for sure.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018