At the Warner Bros. Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con today, attendees were treated to brief footage from James Wan‘s Aquaman. From Bleeding Cool’s live coverage of the event:
Jason Momoa (Aquaman) just ran through the hall with a trident!
Footage from Aquaman screening now…with concept art that looks amazing!
We saw some brief brief footage. Some guys are fishing when they hook something big. They’re dragged along until they see huge ships beneath the ocean. We cut down to the water and see the ships (they look insane).
Later in the panel, Momoa confirmed that the fleet of ships in the footage was an army belonging to his on-screen half-brother, Ocean Master, played by Patrick Wilson. “Black Manta’s got nothing like that,” Momoa said, adding that he’s going to be fighting his brother in the film. Does this confirm that Wilson’s Ocean Master, and not Yahya Abdul-Mateen II’s Black Manta, will be the primary villain of the movie?
Aquaman hits theaters in December of 2018, so we’ve got a long way to go before we find out for sure.
- Batman Interrogates Bruce Wayne in Wednesday’s Batman #61 - December 17, 2018
- A New Origin for Aquaman in DeConnick and Rocha’s Aquaman #43? - December 17, 2018
- Like a Millennial, Marvel’s Jordan White Ghosts on #XMenMonday - December 17, 2018
- Exiles No More! Series to End with January’s Exiles #12 - December 17, 2018
- TMNT FCBD Solicit Reveals Details on Turtles’ 100th Issue Plans, Teases Possible Death - December 17, 2018