Dark Horse ran a very visual presentation to retailers at the Diamond Retailers Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con this afternoon. We’ll look at all of those in a minute, but this might be worth a highlight: despite the success of Young Animal at DC Comics, Gerard Way will finally deliver the long-promised Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion series with co-creator Gabriel Bá for Dark Horse.
First announced in 2009, the comic’s third volume is now promised for 2018 — which could be in time for next San Diego Comic-Con!
Back in a 2012 interview with ComicsAlliance, Way said this about the series:
“I think that right away I pretty much knew what I wanted series three to be about, and I knew it was going to be about this hotel that [Sir Reginald] Hargreeves had built to keep everybody that [The Umbrella Academy] encountered who were extremely dangerous – he built this hotel to keep them in this kind of pocket dimension. So I knew that right away, and I had this image in my head that I talked to Gabriel [Bá] about drawing and I said, ‘This is definitely what it’s going to look like.’ It’s a hotel a lot like this one. It’s some old hotel. Then he created that image and I think we thought we were going to get it going a lot sooner than we have.”
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018