If nothing else, the 1981 arcade game Galaga is known for its deep and engrossing story. So it’s no surprise that it would be tapped for a new animated series.
Variety reports that The Nuttery Entertainment has picked up the rights to develop an animated Galaga show and “other extensions” of the brand, which will be available “cross-platform.” But industry buzzwords aren’t all this project has to offer.
Nuttery Entertainment’s Magnus Jansson said:
“We are incredibly honored to be able to work on such an amazing legacy property and help launch it into the animated space. … There is such a deep love for this game from fans around the world, and our team is excited make sure the next chapter in the Galaga saga is equally impressive and inspiring as its humble 8-bit beginnings.”
Is Warren Ellis available?
- Bill Sienkiewicz Gets an IDW Artifact Edition Showcasing Classic Marvel Runs on New Mutants, Moon Knight, Elektra - March 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Expands Horror Line with Bedtime Games from Nick Keller, Conor Nolan, Kelly Fitzpatrick, and John J. Hill - March 20, 2018
- John Barber and Todd Nauck Take Teen Spider-Man to Science Camp in Digital Series ‘Spidey: School’s Out’ - March 20, 2018
- Bray Wyatt Disappears into Lake During Ultimate Deletion Match with Matt Hardy, Still Missing - March 20, 2018
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018