Comic Con Honolulu is a three-day event that takes place at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu, Hawaii on July 28th–30th. It’s also the island where comic book writer David Gallaher was born, which is why they are planning a convention comic book variant exclusive of The Only Living Boy: Prisoners Of The Patchwork Planet limited to 200 copies, and reflecting Hawaii.
Gallaher said of the project:
“So much of who I am as an author comes from being born and raised in Hawaii. There is so much beauty, mystery, and splendour here in Hawaii and this special edition is a rare opportunity for us to do something special for our fans and add to their experience at the convention. It’s a pleasure to work with Comic Con Honolulu and Papercutz on this project.”
The comic will be available at David Gallaher’s booth in Kamehameha II during the convention.
Nominated for four Harvey Awards, The Only Living Boy from Gallaher, Steve Ellis and their studio Bottled Lightning tells the story of 12-year old Erik Farrell, who runs away from home only to find himself without his memory, stranded on a patchwork planet with danger lurking around every corner. Every day is a struggle to survive. Erik quickly allies himself with Morgan, a mermaid warrior and Thea, a teenage princess from a mysterious insect race. He’ll need their help to escape the Dreaded Lord Baalikar and the evil Doctor Once and maybe, one day, find his way back home.
Faisal Ahmed, CEO of Comic Con Honolulu, said:
“We’re thrilled to bring David to Comic Con Honolulu. We’re looking forward to having him discuss comic storytelling with our guests. Celebrating his return to Hawaii with this convention edition will be a unique treat.”
- Comic Store in Your Future: Friday Nights Aren’t Magic Anymore - February 25, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters: It’s February 25th, 2018 – Do You Know Where the Super Sons Are? - February 25, 2018
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018