Nintendo made no announcement at EVO 2017 about a Smash Bros. title for the Switch, but that’s okay — Icons: Combat Arena is going to attempt to appease that fan base with something different. For this game, it doesn’t really matter if you’re more of a Melee fan or a Wii U version fan, because the goal is to take the best of both worlds and marry them with a new set of characters that have nothing to do with the Nintendo brand at all.
The trailer for the game was released during the event, which we’ve posted below. As you can see, it looks and feels a lot like Smash, but with a very different tone of what is to be achieved. Honestly, if you compare it to Nintendo’s games, you’ll notice there’s a lot more pomp and circumstance in the audio, while here it feels a bit more subdued — as if they took a layer of paint off and showed you the bare bones of it all.
For what it’s worth, it looks really smooth and the characters do look mighty interesting, but now it’s just a matter of finding out the finer details and seeing how people gravitate to it. What are your thoughts on the game?
- Mint Condition NES Copy Of Super Mario Bros. Sells For $30k
- Surprise! Not Many People Are Liking Nintendo's Switch App
- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids & More From Nintendo At SDCC
- Lying In The Gutters, 12th June 2017 - Chocolate And Salty
- Report: Wonder Woman Is Expected To Bury The Mummy At The Box Office This Weekend
- Watch A Newcomer Take Down A 'Smash Bros.' Legend
- Watch A Total Unknown Player Trounce One Of The Biggest 'Smash Bros' Players At Frostbite 2017
- Feral Interactive Announce GRID Autosport For iOS - November 23, 2017
- Mantis Burn Racing Shows Off A Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer - November 23, 2017
- Don’t Like Star Wars: Battlefront II Loot Boxes? Get A Droid To Do It! - November 23, 2017
- Seven: The Days Long Gone Gets A Brand New Trailer - November 23, 2017
- Axiom Verge Publisher Is Helping Developer’s Son With Proceeds From The Game - November 23, 2017