The women of DC Comics are hitting the road this August. Following in the footsteps of Bombshells, Gotham City Garage is making the transition from a line of DC Collectible Statues to a comic book, according to a press release sent out by DC Comics today.
Like Bombshells, Gotham City Garage will be traveling the digital highways first, with a new digital series debuting in August from the writing team of Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly. The series’ cast will star Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Lex Luthor, amongst other DC characters reimagined as bikers.
Kelly describes the series and more of its stars:
Gotham City Garage is an anti-fascist anthem for the open road, starring reimagined takes on DC’s great female characters through an outlaw lens. We’re bringing Big Barda, Steel, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Silver Banshee, Hawkgirl and the first Kryptonian this world has ever seen—the mysterious girl named Kara Gordon—into a world of bikes, outlaws and elaborate tattoos.
And the official series description:
It’s been a decade since Governor Lex Luthor saved his people from devastation and turned Gotham City into the modern utopia known as The Garden. With the rest of the world in ruins, Luthor’s city continues to thrive—but not for everyone. Order has been kept only by the LEXES technology that networks the entire population under one mindset—and if a citizen steps out of line, the Bat and his minions are brutal in restoring the status quo. So when a young Kara Gordon comes under suspicion by her LEXES superiors, she heads straight into the dreaded wasteland—where she’ll discover the fierce oil-and-gear rebels of the Gotham City Garage.
The book will have a rotating team of artists, the first two being Brian Ching and Lynne Yoshii, the latter of whom comes from DC’s talent development workshop program. The series will release bi-weekly through October, and then switch to weekly. The first print issues will hit stores in October. The first issue drops on digital comics stores on August 16.
- DC Bombshells Becomes Bombshells United, Explores Dark Chapter In American History (No, Not Trump) (Well, Kinda)
- DC Bombshells Blasting Back For More
- A Box Office Story: Solo’s Numbers So Low, It Didn’t Even Beat Justice League - May 27, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018