It’s not unusual for fans to campaign to get entertainment companies to bring back favorite shows that were canceled before their time. In the case of the recently cancelled WWE Smackdown Live after-show, Talking Smack, however, the fan doing the campaigning has a little bit more star power than usual.
In the petition, which already has over 3000 signatures, Landis writes:
“Talking Smack” was an innovative, engaging, compelling and reliably hilariously funny closer look at the characters and world of the WWE. It drove deeper interest in characters who often didn’t get time to speak on television, and was home to some of the best segments in recent history.
The informal style, spearheaded by the grounded, friendly conversational performance of host Renee Young and bolstered by Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, who act like real people, shows a side of the wild storylines that makes even the most silly and ridiculous situation on Smackdown suddenly seem remarkably real, fun, and complex.
Shows like “Talking Smack,” that broaden the world of the WWE Universe and give a looser-structured but tighter-focused look at the Superstars within it, are integral to growing interest in story-lines and characters; they are not just frosting. I know this, because due to Talking Smack, I am a fan with a more vested and profound appreciation for Erick Rowan, The Usos, Alexa Bliss, and even more prominent characters like AJ Styles.
WWE prides itself on hearing the voice of the WWE Universe, so let’s speak up. Sign this petition, and let’s make it clear that WE, the WWE Universe, the $9.99ers and the crowds on Youtube who make WWE’s channel the second most watched content IN THE WORLD, want “Talking Smack” BACK.
Stand up and shout loud for an uncommon, and uncommonly smart show.
If you agree, head over to Change.org and sign the petition. We did it.
- WWE's Is Slowly Killing Their Tag Team Division... Again
- WWE Cancels Talking Smack; Renee Young And Daniel Bryan Find Out On Twitter
- Report: Pro-Trump Views Of WWE Wrestler Big Cass Lead To Locker Room Heat
- Paige Shares Her Side Of The Story On Alberto El Patron Airport Incident, Denies Any Abuse
- 'WWE 2K18' Is Coming To The Nintendo Switch
- Heath Slater And Curt Hawkins Trend On Reddit After WWE Cuts Away From PPV Match For Roman Reigns Angle
- Fans Wish "King" Roman Reigns Luck Against Braun Strowman At WWE Great Balls Of Fire #YASSKING
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman - April 19, 2018
- WWE Takes Out Restraining Order on Fan Armed with Own Poop - April 19, 2018
- Starburns Industries Announces Plan to Rule Comics with SBI Press, Executive Editor Brendan Wright - April 19, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Star Scott Steiner Wonders Who Will Cut Grass if Trump Deports Mexicans - April 19, 2018
- Lion Forge Joins the CBLDF - April 19, 2018