Karen Gillan was at D23 Expo yesterday during the Marvel Studios presentation, and while today is being taken over by her previous franchise, Doctor Who, Access Hollywood asked the the actress about Avengers: Infinity War.
For Gillan, this was the first time that she’s gotten to see a large group of fans since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 came out and people got to see the changes to her character of Nebula.
Gillan spoke about how the fan reaction was overwhelmingly positive for Nebula as she moves along the path of redemption. She was asked which non-Guardians actor she was most excited about meeting, and to no surprise it was Robert Downey Jr. She talked about how much ad-libbing goes into the films, and expressed her excitement to see Downey Jr. work in person.
She was also asked if she was concerned about how the studio would bring all of those heroes together. She referenced the fact that they’re bringing all of the “movie stars” together, which made me realize that some of the biggest movie stars nowadays got that way through starring in comic book movies. Strange, wonderful times we live in. Gillan said she knew that the writers and producers had a plan, and it was all working.
She also talked about how motivating it is to have such a positive fan reaction to a film they’re still currently working on.
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Swinging Out To The AFC West - July 24, 2017
- Video: Taboo Of The Black Eyed Peas Becomes Marvel’s Red Wolf - July 24, 2017
- Richard Dragon Confirmed As Upcoming ‘Arrow’ Villain - July 24, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – David Avallone On Bringing Bettie Page Back To Comics - July 24, 2017
- Kansas Rocks The ‘Supernatural’ Panel Stage With Carry On Wayward Son - July 23, 2017