A member of NeoGAF has posted a report of the remastered version of Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga coming to the 3DS this fall, and apparently, the game has gone through some changes that make it easier than before. The player saw the game at Hyper Japan 2017 (a U.K. based convention happening at Tabacco Dock from July 14th-16th) and got to try it out at Nintendo’s booth.
Among the big changes, they noticed the look and feel didn’t play off well in the 3D setting, as the sprites lost some of their definitions. Mario and Luigi no longer “buckle under the weight” of their hammers if they defend too long, making it easier to get through battles. A move called “Super Bounce Bros.” has been added to work on two specific enemies. You can finally get through all the tireless dialogue by holding down the R button and speeding your way through a lot of the story that takes up time. And finally, the overworld navigation has been streamlined, so there’s no more micromanaging of where Mario and Luigi go.
Nintendo updating and messing with old titles is nothing new, and it sounds like a lot of what was added cleaned up many of the lingering issues fans had with the original version. But does making it easier detract from the game as it was mean to be played? You can judge for yourself when Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga comes out on 3DS on October 6th.
- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids & More From Nintendo At SDCC
- The Nintendo 3DS Ends Production ... In Japan
- There Will Be No 'Maker' Spin-Offs For The Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveal A Large List Of Games Coming For The 3DS
- Nintendo Announces Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions At E3
- Rocket League Will Finally Get Crossplay Party Support In 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World Will Not Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - January 21, 2018
- Overwatch League Fines and Suspends Player for Homophobic Comments - January 21, 2018
- Blizzard Reveals Five New Skins Today For Overwatch - January 21, 2018
- Nike Is Introducing a Pair of PlayStation Shoes in February - January 21, 2018