DC Comics has revealed details on the upcoming Batman original graphic novel by European artist Enrico Marini.
In addition to learning that the book will be called Batman: The Dark Prince Charming, the announcement through DC’s official PR site would appear to indicate the book will be in U.S. comic shops when the first volume comes out on November 1. Previously, we knew only that it was being published by Dargaud in France, but on the subject of whether it would be translated for the U.S. market, DC was remaining silent, as if they were trapped inside an invisible box blocking all sound.
Here’s the official description:
Acclaimed European comics master Enrico Marini makes his American comics debut with an original, two-part graphic novel starring the Dark Knight! What secret connection do both Batman and The Joker share with a strange and mysterious young girl? After she’s kidnapped by The Joker, Batman must plunge deep into the underworld of Gotham City and race against time to find out where she’s being held. The stakes are high, and for Batman, it’s personal!
Additionally, DC shared some interior art from the book that will make you say haw hawww:
Book One of Batman: The Dark Prince Charming will be in stores on November 1. The second book will be out in the Spring.
- Enrico Marini Creates An Exclusive Batman Graphic Novel For The French, Published By Dargaud
- In France, Batman Sells The Same As Bartman
- Law And Order: SVU Is “Hitting Harvey Weinstein Head-On” In New Episode - November 23, 2017
- Report: Joss Whedon Not Fired From Batgirl After Justice League Flop - November 23, 2017
- IDW Cancels Female-Focused GI Joe Comic Before The Orders Are In - November 23, 2017
- Aubrey Sitterson Talks Scarlett’s Strike Force, The Influence Of Cartoons, And A Socialist Writing GI Joe - November 23, 2017
- Sony And WWE Tag Team For The Marine 6, Featuring An All Star Cast (Of Wrestlers) - November 22, 2017