The Pokémon Company have stepped in and “requested” that the mods behind Pixelmon stop their service, which it appears they are complying with. For years the mod has been a massive hit as they do their best to recreate the Pokémon you all know and love in a Minecraft setting. It’s so popular that there are complete YouTube Let’s Play series devoted to it and trying to “create them all.”
While the service created likenesses of the creatures, the mod didn’t really infringe on the trademarks as there’s no way in hell you’re going to mistake the creations below for the versions you’d see in any Pokémon title. Well, maybe the early demos of the first game.) The announcement was made this morning on the mod’s website.
“With much sadness, but keeping all our fond memories, we must announce that Pixelmon is ending its development. We have had a great time making this mod and creating such a wonderful community but after a request from the Pokémon company we will be shutting our doors. I’m sorry for the disappointment this will cause but let’s remember all the great times we had playing Pixelmon, discussing Pokémon, making awesome things inside this mod and everything else that we’ve done.”
Fans have already started a petition to keep the service running, but for now, the mod has been discontinued and all downloads have been pulled. In our opinion, the fact that they’re just getting around to getting it pulled from Minecraft after all this time has gone by can only mean one of two things: Either the company are working on their own version, or they’re paranoid that people will confuse this version with whatever 3D versions are on the way from the Nintendo Switch. It’s all speculative, but either way, it just seems senseless at this point to finally come in and ask them to stop after not seeming to care that much for years.
- The Shiny Tapu Koko Now Available In 'Pokémon Sun & Moon'
- A New Pokemon-Style Magical Evolving Character To Join Suicide Squad
- The Next 'Pokémon Go' Event Will Need Worldwide Cooperation
- Someone Did A Popular Pokémon By State Map For 'Pokémon GO'
- Pokémon Go And Big Heritage Are Teaming Up In Chester
- South Korean Police Seize Half A Million Fake Pokémon Toys
- Feral Interactive Announce GRID Autosport For iOS - November 23, 2017
- Mantis Burn Racing Shows Off A Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer - November 23, 2017
- Don’t Like Star Wars: Battlefront II Loot Boxes? Get A Droid To Do It! - November 23, 2017
- Seven: The Days Long Gone Gets A Brand New Trailer - November 23, 2017
- Axiom Verge Publisher Is Helping Developer’s Son With Proceeds From The Game - November 23, 2017