The official Doctor Who twitter account has released a short video teasing the upcoming thirteenth Doctor, who will replace Peter Capaldi on the show.
The video promises that we will “meet the 13th Doctor after the Wimbledon Men’s Final on Sunday, July 16th, and omg, that’s two days from now!
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) July 14, 2017
So who will it be? Speculation has run rampant since Peter Capaldi announced he was leaving, with names like Kris Marshall, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Olivia Colman, Hayley Atwell, Richard Rankin, Ted McGinley, Tilda Swinton, and many more all rumored at one time or another.
The BBC would probably love to keep things a surprise until then, but since they have to film the Christmas special where Capaldi will regenerate, they probably can’t hope to keep things under wrap until the show debuts. At least this way, they get to reveal the next Doctor on their own terms.
- Doctor Who Showrunner Steven Moffat Talks Missy's Alternate Ending, Wants To Ban Gender Pronouns (SPOILERS)
- Steven Moffat Talks Bill's Fate In Doctor Who Season 10 Finale (SPOILERS)
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls: Always Read The Comments
- The New Face Of The Doctor From Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls (SPOILERS)
- Time And Place: The Many Settings Of The Doctor's Regenerations
- Could Peter Capaldi Regenerate Into Olivia Colman On Doctor Who? David Tennant Doesn't Think So
- Hasta La Vista, Sequels: New Terminator Will Ignore All Other Terminators But The First Two, Says Schwarzenegger - September 22, 2017
- Rian Johnson Manages To Complete A Star Wars Movie Without Getting Fired - September 22, 2017
- Doom Patrol Shocker: Next Three Issues Delayed, Again - September 22, 2017
- The Punisher To Premiere On Netflix Friday, October 13th, Claims Total Film Leak - September 22, 2017
- First Look At Rob Liefeld’s Walking Dead Tribute Variants For Youngblood #6 - September 22, 2017