The third of Total War: Warhammer II’s four playable races to be revealed so far, the Dark Elves offer a ferocious new gameplay style. Swift to strike – and brutal to a fault – they’re capable of tearing down an enemy’s defences in a trice, provided they sustain their Murderous Prowess. However, a Dark Elf leader must preserve his alpha status in the eyes of his lesser generals and keep an iron grip on their loyalty, lest their self-serving, glory-seeking nature leads to copious amounts of treachery, assassination, and betrayal. Can you tell they’re my favorite?
Even the noblest warrior casts a dark shadow, and so it is with the race of Elves. The High Elves may be paragons of virtue, but their closest kin represent all that is foul and depraved. Because just High Elves alone would be boring. And we tend to like our pointed metaphors a little bit more sophisticated.
Led from the obsidian wastes of Naggaroth by the Witch King Malekith and his sadistic mother Morathi, the Dark Elves are hell-bent on the humiliation and destruction of their orderly brothers, and ultimate control of the Great Vortex in Ulthuan.
Total War: Warhammer II launches on September 28th 2017 and is available for preorder now.
You can watch the Dark Elves in actuon in the video below.
- 'Total War: Warhammer II' Devs Show Off The Dark Elves In Battle
- The Skaven Debut In New 'Total War: Warhammer II' Trailer
- 'Total War: Warhammer II' Introduces A New Race To Fight Against
- This Year’s GDC Awards Were Pointless Because of Breath of the Wild - March 24, 2018
- Activison Almost Made a Spyro the Dragon MMORPG - March 24, 2018
- Rare’s Craig Duncan Doesn’t Think they got Enough Credit for their Work on Kinect Sports - March 24, 2018
- Castle of Heart is Now Live Exclusively on the Nintendo Switch - March 24, 2018
- Co-op Prison Break Vehicle A Way Out Got a Hyptastic Launch Trailer that Misses the Point - March 24, 2018