New Mad Magazine editor, Bongo Comics co-founder, and third cousin of Grant twice removed Bill Morrison is writing and drawing a new adaptation of The Beatles‘ 1968 psychedelic masterpiece Yellow Submarine for Titan Comics for the movie’s 50th anniversary.
The news was revealed in an EXCLUSIVE article on THR, which also included a few preview pages from the book, which you can view below. The critically acclaimed drug-fueled romp is considered a classic amongst Beatles fans, though it will be interesting to see how it fares as a work without its soundtrack. The movie was most recently released on Blu-Ray in 2012. If the comic is successful, perhaps someone will snap up the movie rights to the graphic novel, kicking off the cycle all over again.
“We’re thrilled to be publishing The Beatles: Yellow Submarine for the 50th Anniversary of this fantastic movie,” said Titan exec Chris Teather of the project. “We can’t wait for Beatles fans to experience this official adaptation.”
There’s no firm release date, but more information is coming soon.
- Lion Forge Continues Industry Takeover, Hires Jeremy Atkins, Greg Tumbarello, Grace Bornhoft, Madeline Roy, Maybe More - December 12, 2017
- Watch the Trailer for Fuller House Season 3B Ahead of Next Week’s Return - December 12, 2017
- Grant Morrison Will Be on Late Night with Seth Meyers Tomorrow - December 12, 2017
- A Trailer and a Preview for the Return of Mech Cadet Yu from Pak and Miyazawa in January - December 12, 2017
- James Mangold and Patrick Stewart Weigh In On Disney Buying Fox - December 11, 2017