New Mad Magazine editor, Bongo Comics co-founder, and third cousin of Grant twice removed Bill Morrison is writing and drawing a new adaptation of The Beatles‘ 1968 psychedelic masterpiece Yellow Submarine for Titan Comics for the movie’s 50th anniversary.
The news was revealed in an EXCLUSIVE article on THR, which also included a few preview pages from the book, which you can view below. The critically acclaimed drug-fueled romp is considered a classic amongst Beatles fans, though it will be interesting to see how it fares as a work without its soundtrack. The movie was most recently released on Blu-Ray in 2012. If the comic is successful, perhaps someone will snap up the movie rights to the graphic novel, kicking off the cycle all over again.
“We’re thrilled to be publishing The Beatles: Yellow Submarine for the 50th Anniversary of this fantastic movie,” said Titan exec Chris Teather of the project. “We can’t wait for Beatles fans to experience this official adaptation.”
There’s no firm release date, but more information is coming soon.
- Trump Vows To Release JFK Files; Your Move, George R. R. Martin - October 21, 2017
- Game Of Thrones Season 8 Script Made Jon Snow Cry - October 21, 2017
- Mumps Virus Currently Top Babyface In WWE After Taking Out Roman Reigns - October 21, 2017
- Dave Bautista Shows Off His Geek Room, Now With More James Gunn Funko - October 20, 2017
- Kurt Angle Returns To Ring At TLC In Place Of Roman Reigns, AJ Styles Replaces Bray Wyatt - October 20, 2017