This could be considered a light spoiler for Spider-Man: Homecoming. If you want to go in knowing nothing, we’ll see you after the movie is released.
We learned the the other day why director Jon Watts chose not to show the Spider Sense in Spider-Man: Homecoming. This has lead to a few people wondering if this version of Peter Parker has Spider Sense at all or if it was just the Stark tech in his new suit. IGN was apparently wondering the same thing and they got a chance to ask Kevin Feige about it.
“No, I think he has it. And I think he has it with or without that suit. I think how we explore it in a cinematic sense will change. I mean, that was sort of a big showy part of previous versions and we thought that we’d make it more of an internal, sort of second nature thing for him.”
So a similar answer to the reason Watts gave in that they just didn’t want to do the whole “Spider Sense” thing that we’ve seen in the previous movies. We know Peter has powers but the movie has just decided not to smack us over the head with them. That doesn’t mean we won’t get smacked over the head with the Spider Sense a little ways down the line.
“But there are ways coming up that will slowly hint at that and also just make it part of his, you know, his natural abilities. But we don’t know that if it will be — I think we’ll explore it further down the line, but [it’s] definitely him not the suit.”
Subtly would be nice but this is also a universe where a Norse God swings his magic hammer around and no one is questioning why gamma radiation gave Bruce Banner powers instead of cancer. So maybe subtly isn’t on the menu.
Summary: Following the events of Captain America: Civil War (2016), Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed by Jon Watts, stars Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Donald Glover, Zendaya, Tony Revolori, and Michael Keaton. Swing on down to your local theater and check it out on July 7th.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Review - Finally Getting The Webcrawler Right
- Andrew Garfield Says He's "Gay Right Now" Because He's Been Watching RuPaul's Drag Race For New Role
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi TV Spot Shows Off Some New Footage - November 19, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Ray Fisher Talks A Deleted Scene With Victor Stone’s Mother - November 18, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Jason Momoa Talks Vulko And Deleted Scenes - November 18, 2017
- Wonder Review: Tugs At The Heartstrings, But Isn’t Obnoxious About It - November 17, 2017
- Lady Bird Review: A Flawless Coming-Of-Age Story - November 17, 2017