Grace Ellis, Shae Beagle and Laurenn McCubbin, creative team of the upcoming Moonstruck comic book for Image Comics have posted a critical response to their publisher’s handling of two recent controversies regarding the Howard Chaykin comic book Divided States Of Hysteria.
But it’s not all words. They make a number of pledges to try and make sure that Image Comics doesn’t even consider a book like Divided States Of Hysteria for publication. And offering to pay Chaykin and anyone else at Image to attend a Trans 101 webinar. Something they say Image Comics publisher has endorsed, is enthusiastic about attending and is urging other to attend. They also state that Stephenson has told them the publisher is “seeking out additional cultural competency training”.
The whole post can be read here. Running the Tumblr URL it seems to embed the whole thing rather than a snippet, so I’m going for a link with quote for now.
Moonstruck #1 is published by Image Comics in time for San Diego Comic-Con on July 19th. Here’s a preview.
- Cullen Bunn On What Emma Frost Has Been Up To Since Inhumans Vs. X-Men, "Really, Really" Big Plans For Future
- Why Boycotting Image Comics Titles Might Not Harm Image Comics
- Howard Chaykin Responds To Controversy
- PSA: Don't Post Photos Of Reby Hardy's Kids In The Same Tweet As Lita
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018
- Dial H For Hero Launches from DC Comics in March 2019 - December 18, 2018