Cutting Bleeding Cool off at the knees, publisher BOOM! Studios has announced plans to spoil ten of its own announcements ahead of San Diego Comic Con, beginning tomorrow, July 4th. BOOM! announced the plans in a press release:
For the third year in a row, BOOM! Studios is excited to reveal it will make 10 announcements before the start of 2017’s COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO (commonly referred to as San Diego Comic-Con, or SDCC), which will take place at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California, July 19 – July 23. The announcements will include a mixture of SDCC-related activations, new projects, and new partnerships.
Marking the third time in three years BOOM! has elected to spoil its own comic con announcements before Bleeding Cool has the chance to, the move beats the popular website at its own game, a situation that’s frustrating for Bleeding Cool Rumormonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston.
“Oi, who the ‘ell do they think they are?” Johnston was heard remarking in the lavatory at the Bleeding Cool offices. “Slott was right all along, he was!”
Pouring salt in Bleeding Cool’s wounds, BOOM! marketing manager Mel Caylo released a celebratory statement on the scoop:
We first started with the idea of making 10 announcements before San Diego Comic-Con in 2015 to celebrate BOOM!’s 10th anniversary. Then we found last year that we had enough exciting projects and partnerships to do it again, and this year, we are just as excited that we have 10 new announcements to make. It’s the perfect way to kick off the second half of what has already been a great year.
Tune in tomorrow to see what the first big announcement is… unless Rich is able to figure it out first!
- BOOM! Studios Continue Road To SDCC Announcements With Diesel: Gear Shift Special
- All Of Boom Studios Exclusives For San Diego Comic-Con 2017, Starting With An Adventure Time/Regular Show Crossover #SDCC17
- Boom's Jim Lee X-Men Homage Covers For Power Rangers SDCC Exclusive Comics
- Exclusive Look Inside Of Grumpy Cat / Garfield #1
- The CW Gets Lots Of Love From The Teen Choice Awards Nominations
- 20th Century Fox "Strategically Invests" In BOOM! Studios
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018