Otakon has been a part of my life since 1999. I watched the con grow, and grow, and eventually outgrow the Baltimore Convention Center and spill over into other local hotels. But the con wouldn’t stop growing; as of this year, it’s moving to the Walter E. Convention Center right in the middle of Washington, D.C. While I will be unable to celebrate Otakon in its new home, let’s take a look back at some of the stellar cosplay I’ve seen over the years. These pictures range from 2007-2016 (I’d have to dig for any pictures older than that, as they were all on film cameras). Otakon has always had some of the best and most enthusiastic cosplayers, and it made the con that much more fun. If you see yourself, you are absolutely welcome to use the pic. Just give us credit!
Founded in 1994, Otakon is an annual convention held in the summer months to celebrate Asian pop culture (anime, manga, music, movies, video games, etc) and its fandom. The event runs from Friday to Sunday and is packed with a schedule that has tons to do.
Starting in 2017, Otakon will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in our nation’s capital of Washington, DC.
- LAPD Forces Anime Expo To Ban All Cosplay Weapon Sales On Show Floor
- Cosplay, Scenes, and Observations From The Floor At Wizard World Sacramento
- Day One Of AwesomeCon 2017! Cosplay! Mommy Rooms!
- A Cosplay Interview With Ger Tysk, Author Of Breaking All The Rules: Cosplay And The Art Of Self-Expression
- New Holiday Dress Makes Its Way To Disney’s Dress Shop On Black Friday - November 16, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2, Episode 6 Review: Chapter 19 – Deathproof - November 16, 2017
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming To Disneyland’s Downtown Disney In 2018 - November 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Tommy Wiseau’s Beautiful Train Wreck ‘The Room’ - November 15, 2017
- New Events And More Coming To Hong Kong Disneyland In 2018! - November 15, 2017