Otakon has been a part of my life since 1999. I watched the con grow, and grow, and eventually outgrow the Baltimore Convention Center and spill over into other local hotels. But the con wouldn’t stop growing; as of this year, it’s moving to the Walter E. Convention Center right in the middle of Washington, D.C. While I will be unable to celebrate Otakon in its new home, let’s take a look back at some of the stellar cosplay I’ve seen over the years. These pictures range from 2007-2016 (I’d have to dig for any pictures older than that, as they were all on film cameras). Otakon has always had some of the best and most enthusiastic cosplayers, and it made the con that much more fun. If you see yourself, you are absolutely welcome to use the pic. Just give us credit!
Founded in 1994, Otakon is an annual convention held in the summer months to celebrate Asian pop culture (anime, manga, music, movies, video games, etc) and its fandom. The event runs from Friday to Sunday and is packed with a schedule that has tons to do.
Starting in 2017, Otakon will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in our nation’s capital of Washington, DC.
- LAPD Forces Anime Expo To Ban All Cosplay Weapon Sales On Show Floor
- Cosplay, Scenes, and Observations From The Floor At Wizard World Sacramento
- Day One Of AwesomeCon 2017! Cosplay! Mommy Rooms!
- A Cosplay Interview With Ger Tysk, Author Of Breaking All The Rules: Cosplay And The Art Of Self-Expression
- These Disney Master of Arts Shoes Are Works of Art on Your Feet - February 22, 2018
- New Limited Peter Pan Pins Coming to a Neverland Near You - February 22, 2018
- This Year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Food Guide! - February 22, 2018
- Be Our Guest to Get New Prix Fixe Menu This Summer! - February 22, 2018
- Seth Rollins Was Ready to Go During RAW’s Gauntlet Match, But it Wasn’t Enough - February 20, 2018